WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RUN?
Q.What is a virtual run?
A.Virtual run is a self-motivated race that you can run/walk anywhere…anytime. You can run, walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your own pace anywhere in the world really, allowing lots of flexibility to complete your challenge.
Q.How does a virtual run works?
A.Sign up to the race you fancy and start your journey towards earning yourself an awesome medal for your participation. Our medals are bespoke, so it will stand out in your collection. Our virtual run has a set distance (5KM, 25KM or 50KM) that you can run all at once (compulsory for 5KM) or break it up into multiple runs as long as you finish within the Event Timeline. After completing your run, send the proof of your run as per guidelines – as long as we can see that you have completed the distance and the time it takes you, we’re happy
Q.When will I receive my finisher's entitlements?
A.Your finisher’s entitlements will be shipped to you THREE WEEKS after the Event Timeline (20th Dec onwards). We expect you to receive your well-deserved package in the post within 3-5 working days after that (depending on your location).
Q.Who can participate?
A.Everybody and anybody! We encourage participants of all ability levels. No age limits, no restrictions on how you clock these virtual kilometres for as long as you live in MALAYSIA.
Q.Why should I do a virtual run?
A.A virtual run is a good self-motivated race that keep you on track with your health and fitness goals. In a virtual run, you are the master of your pace. So whether it’s slow and steady or fast and ready, everyone’s a winner! It also offers a fantastic way for new runners to stay focused and build up their miles and their confidence in a stress-free environment. Since it can be run anywhere, at any time, it is a fantastic option especially for people who have busy schedules and work irregular hours. And also a chance to add a really cool medal to your collection.
Q.Do I have to complete the distance all at one time?
A.Yes if you sign up for the 5km event. But if you sign up for the 25km or 50km, you do not need to complete the distance all at one time. Feel free to break it up into several runs if you need to, based on your schedule. This is a virtual run, your way!
Q.How do I track my distance and time my run?
A.If you’re running outdoors, the most accurate way to do this is by using a running GPS watch, but there are also several free smartphone apps available for iPhones and Android devices that can show your run distance and date. Examples include Strava, Nike +, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, Endomondo and Runtastic. If you’re running indoors or on a treadmill, you can snapshot the run result from the display screen or switch your running app to treadmill mode while running on the treadmill
Q.How do I submit my result or get involved on social media?
A.All you need to do is to upload/share your results and upload your run result only after completing the distance to our dedicated WhatsApp no. Examples include Garmin photos, app screenshots, fitbit stats, parkrun times, etc. For those who registered in a group, please get your group leader to help upload the results for you. We encourage participants to take a photo or short video during the run and post it to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the tag #WWVirtualRun18 #togetherwearefitter
Q.Can I use the same result for different races?
A.Yes, you can.
Q.What do I do if I cannot participate once I have registered?
A.All registration are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund. If you cannot participate in the virtual run, you may not give or sell your participation to anyone else, and entry fees will not be transferred from year to year.
WHY WEEKEND WARRIORS VIRTUAL RUN?
Run virtually anywhere you like – track, road or even on the treadmill.
Run anytime you like – early morning, after works or even during lunch time!
No Cutoff Time
No cutoff time – run at your own pace as long as you finish within the Event Timeline.
Take and upload photos or short videos of your run and share with us and your friends with the tag #WWVirtualRun
Complete your run within the Event Timeline and get rewarded with an awesome medal, finisher tshirt and goodie bags!
Upload Your Result
Upload your own results and brag about your achievements on social media!
HOW TO REGISTER?
Pick Your Distance (5km/25km/50km)
Choose your preferred distance to complete within the Event Timeline. You can either opt for 5KM (highly recommended for beginners), 25KM (for intermediate runners) or 50KM (for seasoned runners). Fun VIrtual Run 5KM and longer distance run (25KM/50KM) will have different entitlement for the event.
Register & Pay Fee
Once you have decided on the distance, you will need to register through our online system gateway. You can opt to either pay through PayPal or through our payment merchant, Billplz.
Start Running & Record Your Distance
Once you have completed the registration, you can start running at your own time and break it into smaller runs (up to you!). As long as each run are within the Event Timeline, you can use it as proof of your runs.
Submit Results Online
You can choose to submit your run result everytime you completed your shorter run or you can submit it together at one go using the following formats. We only accept submission through our WhatsApp no, hence other form of submission will not be entertained. Please also attached the screenshot proof of your runs. Submission Format: NAME : ALI BIN ABU
DATE : 1st October 2017
KM COMPLETED : 10KM
Wait For Your Rewards
Once you have made your result submission before the last date of the event (30th November), we will process your submission and ship your finisher’s entitlements as a reward for your AWESOME achievements.
- FINISHER MEDAL
- FINISHER T-SHIRT
- AWESOME GOODIES BAG FROM SPONSOR
- FREE POSTAGE
*Finisher T-shirt only for 25KM and 50KM participants only!
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Be the first 50 registrants, and stand a chance to get a FREE WFC Premium Bandana!
50 places left. Don't miss the chance to join the Weekend Warriors Virtual Run 2018!
RULES & REGULATIONS
- WEEKEND WARRIORS VIRTUAL RUN 2018 [“Event”] is organised by AZ Fitness Sdn. Bhd. [1212666-H] [“the Organiser”] and is open to anyone; each participant attends the session at his/her free will.
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain the consent of their parents/guardians before signing up for this Event.
- Participants must be certified fit to participate in this Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any accident or mishap which arises as a result of non-disclosure of medical conditions by the Participants.
- Participants agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participants. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participants’ registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event’s Official Website (or any parts therefore).
- Once Participants’ registration has been duly processed, there will be NO refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- All T-Shirt measurements are subject to 1 – 2cm tolerance.
- All merchandises’ colour, design and material are subject to change without notice.
- Any t-shirts, finisher medal or any other merchandise and goodies not collected at the stipulated time shall be forfeited and any request thereafter will not be entertained. No refund will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change or to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused. Any updates on the Event including any changes to the Rules & Regulations will be posted on the Event’s Official Website. It is the responsibility of the Participants to keep abreast with such updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconveniences caused.
- There will be no refund of registration fees, if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser (including but not limited to haze, storm, rain, inclement weather, wind, act of God, terrorism or other conditions) and which in the Organiser’s opinion, renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any Event category without giving any reasons whatsoever or providing any prior notice to the Participants.
- Participants must take precaution at all times to stay away from activities/deeds that may be deemed unfit for the safety of the Participants to prevent any potential hazards.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations at any time, at its sole discretion, without any prior notice.